FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Sunday, June 29, 2008

For Jan And Her Dare

Jan, I take that Dare, and I will go farther than just one more of the quizzes! I picked a few that made sense to me, and didn't give me unfavorable results.




You Are Clogs



You are a solid and down to earth person.

You seek, and almost always achieve, a really sound balance in your life.



You are stylish yet comfortable. Mellow but driven. Excited yet calm.

You are the perfect mesh of contradictions.



No matter what happens, you have the ability to stay well grounded in your life.

People know that they can truly depend on you.



You should live: In Europe



You should work: At a company dedicated to helping the world



I wear shoes that are like Crocs, but a different brand, with flowers cut in the pattern of holes. Navy, with little ladybug buttons added. Comfortable, stylish, and easy. Light, and perfect for traveling. Airports love me.




Your Nail Polish Color is Purple



How you're unique: You are artistic and expressive



Why your style rocks: You pay special attention to color and fabrics



What this color says about you: "I'm creative and know how to take care of myself"



I only have one shade of purple in the basket of nail colors. Light and iridescent. But I also have a pair of clogs that are purple, and I do love wearing lavender. I don't like the smell of the plant, but the color is soothing.




Your Element Is Earth



You excel at planning and strategizing.

You could be a champ at chess or Survivor.



Well grounded, you are able to be realistic and rationalize.

On the inside, you have a hard core. It's tough to phase you.



You are super productive, and you are able to think anything through.

Focused and super charged, your instincts are a good guide for your next step.



I had to see what my Element was. Unfortunately, it wasn't a Honda. But, the Earth stuff aligns well with my Taurean sign. I am not surprised. I have been called Grounded a lot, and I don't mean as punishment from my parents. Steady, loyal and stubborn. I would guess that about sums me up.

OK, I have taken a few more of the quick quizzes. Now, to waste more time, and this time money, on entertainment today. We are going to the new Warren Theatre in Moore, to see Kung Fu Panda. I have been in one of the Warren Theatres in Wichita, and they are nice. This one has dinner in the balcony, and a bar! I have to laugh, though. If popcorn and water costs so much, what will the alcohol cost? I am scared to even ask. I won't be able to take pictures to show you, but I will make some mental notes and bring back some thoughts later.

I have to go find something comfortable to wear to the theatre.

4 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

LOL. I am a cowboy boot which totally cracks me up since I haven't ever owned a pair but the description fits to the T - especially the low maintenance part (waiting for Niki to jump in here).

Jan Parrish said...

I tagged you for a meme when you have time. :)

Flea said...

Fowler came today! I'll be sending him out tomorrow. :)

Flea said...

Hey! I'm earth too! Cool! But I'm a cowboy boot. :(