I have just been so busy. I know that excuse won't hold water with some of you, because you understand the housework part of my job of Homemaker. Sure, I probably could have put something up here. But when I tell you some of the exciting news around here, you will maybe forgive me for a week or two of distance?
On Tuesday last week, Oct. 7, DH and I should have been awake when the phone rang. SIL's babysitter was sick, and SIL needed someone to watch the Niecephews. I sleepily agreed. And then rushed to get out of the house in less than an hour, and over there as soon as possible, so BIL could go to work.
We had a blast! We played so much, I thought Gum Drop was going to fall over where he stopped, and sleep for hours. Thinking back on my own childhood, I realized that the most fun we had playing indoors on cool days was building forts out of couch cushions and blankets and bed sheets. Jelly Bean had already watched an episode of Dora where they had to go through a tunnel. I got smart, and pulled an ottoman away from its over-sized chair, and strew a throw blanket over it, and called it a tunnel.
There was much tickling and more laughing that day than I have had in a long time. Those kids do me good. They remind me how much fun life can be, and how to use my imagination again.
Gum Drop is learning quickly how to talk, and he is walking and chasing and running now. He said, ever so clearly, "Drink", "Thank You", "No", and I am certain that he tried to say "Pacifier". They tell me now he also says "Hot Dog", but I didn't hear that one. He says "Uh-Oh" and then drops his cup on the floor, which if it weren't so ornery would be funny. He waits for an audience, does something cute, and then yays for himself. He likes very much to test fate, and looks at you with a sneaky grin if he knows he is doing something that he knows not to. Like climbing on the coffee table, for one. SIL says he is Sneaky, FAST, and Persistent. And, boy oh boy, is she right about her boy!
Before the laptop gives me any more funny noises, I am going to take a short intermission.
Cue the Dramatic Music...
3 comments:
Thanks for reminding me of the fun that can be found using so blankets!
How precious. I don't have too much longer to wait until my grandbaby is here and we can do all that fun stuff too.
Your quiet so long again. :) LOL.
Stop by and take my blog personality test. I'm Bette Davis.
Post a Comment