FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Monday, January 15, 2007

My Spine-Tingling Adventures

Word of the Post
Today's word is: sacroiliac
sa-krO-'i-lE-"ak/ adjective
The joint region between the sacrum, at the base of the spine, and the ilium of the pelvis, which are joined by ligaments. This is a very low region of the back. In Disney's "Robin Hood", Sir Hiss the snake (who keeps "deliberately dodging" the king) has just had his tail tied in a knot, and creeps away saying, "Oh, my aching sacroiliac."
~~~~~~~~~~
Today's pain in the backside is the weather. On my street, there is an inch accumulation of tiny ice pebbles. It looks like snow, but once you step onto it, you might as well have ice skating blades on. Our yard is slick like an ice rink.

For those of you wondering about the trip to St. Louis, I didn't go. Our plans changed. My friend was still supposed to go, and take her father-in-law with her. She was starting from Wichita, and could take the north route which was much clearer (and safer) than coming to get me. I have not heard if they even went, or if everything is OK. I will find out on Wednesday, when they come to OKC for a different kind of appointment. I will certainly keep you advised.

An update now on my mom. She discovered that she has bronchitis, and the violent coughing strained her heart. It gave her a very mild heart attack last Tuesday. I guess the doctors thought that was the case, and confirmed it with tests. They told her on Thursday, before she got to go home. She had not yet gotten the OK to go back to work when I spoke to her on Sunday, but she had the grace of one day of paid leave, since her office offers Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off with pay. One less sick day to use. I would appreciate continued prayers for our family.

I need a finishing line. Jared uses "Blessings" and my mother-in-law always ends the conversation with "Behave yourself". I was hoping that some of you creative people out there could help me with a tagline. Suggestions?

Go ahead, readers, I'm listening. (borrowed from Frasier)

2 comments:

KingJaymz said...

What'd they do on the old Tom Hanks show "WKRP In Cincinnati?" I was a little young for that one, but that might give you some fodder. Or did you want us to do all of the work for you?

Right now, I'm playing a game on my DS called Cooking Mama. If you mess up, it always says, "Don't Worry. Mama will fix it." How about that?

Bender on Futurama always said "Bite my shiny, metal a-"...never mind. That probably isn't the one for you.

Stephen A. Smith, the commentator and show host of "Quite Frankly" on ESPN always ends his show with, "Remember it's my house, but you're welcome any time." That's about the only line he speaks I can stand to listen to.

Well, good luck on this one. Prayers and love to your mom and family.

Looney Mom™ said...

I was just working my way down since I'm so behind on blogs and I had to stop here. I think that's what ails me now - literally! Interesting.