Word of the Post
Today's word is: pestiferous
/pes*tif"er*us/ adjective
The base words mean to bear a plague; noxious; annoying.
The lack of Wii outlets in the Oklahoma City area was getting pestiferous.
~~~~~~~~~~
Wii have made it into the new millennium of gaming! We bought a Wii tonight. As if I don't have enough peripherals to draw my attention away from my housework, we have added another. We got home at 8:30 pm, and it is now 12:07am. We played that silly thing for almost 3 hours after we got it set up.
I can tell you that we did Golf (which I don't play in real life, because I make the boys mad), and I got some really good scores on the Target Practice in the Training area. I am good (mom was always better) at bowling in real life, but the Power Strikes section is my nemesis. My arm is so tired.
I know that Jared has gotten into the Wii Fitness... and that sounds like a really good idea right now. I need to bowl and golf and tennis with my left arm, to equalize the workout. I suppose that the boxing would be helpful in the learning of defense, and in the strengthening of my weak girly-girl arms. That, and chasing the Jelly Bean while she "races" everyone... and I should be fit to live in no time.
Which is another discussion. Back in my Junior College days, I took a class called, "Fit For Life". In this class I discovered that by the time I was "fit" to live, I would be dead. I seriously gave up. It took me moving to Oklahoma for another round of college to get back to thinking healthy. There, I thought that I could not be healthy, and anything I did backfired on me. I can blame that on my attitude, I know. Here, I walked to all my classes, I walked to church on Sundays, I walked circles around the campus with my friends, and I ate so much less. I did not snack, I did not overeat; I spent my lunch hours talking (not eating everything I saw) and playing Spades with my friends. I distracted myself into health.
I lost 20 pounds that first year at college away from home. I was so afraid that the "Freshman 5" I was told I would gain would turn into 15. I have never been healthier in all my life. I desire nothing more in this life than to surpass that old me, and be a more healthy and lighter me now. Swimming this summer, eating less, eating better, and now adding the Wii Workout.
My goals have become attainable again.
Yay for Mii!
No comments:
Post a Comment