FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Woodhouse Family on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Word of the Post
Today's word is: Paraclete
/par"a*cleet/ noun
An advocate, one called to aid or support. Comforter, Consoler, Intercessor. A term applied to the Holy Spirit. Properly is capitalized, because it is a Title.
My father wanted to get a Parakeet and name him Paraclete. He also wanted a Basset Hound to name Angela. Mom vetoed both ideas. (I am sure Angela Basset will be happy to know that.)
~~~~~~~~~~
Through Niki's site, I have come into contact with many people. She brought me to her circle of friends, and welcomed me in without hesitation. Because of that friendship, I got introduced to the Woodhouse family (vicariously, but still...). They were selected to be on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and they now have the most beautiful home, and Kayla can be safe and cool inside all the time. I have seen comments on other sites asking if their show could be viewed online. I have found the answer. YES!

As of this post, if you go HERE, you can click on "Full Episodes", then click on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition". The Woodhouse Family Episode is currently #2 on the list. This is a rotating list, so it will be gone in a month or so, replaced by new episodes.

This is a truly special family. So many people who ask for a build are just in it for the cool new house, the money it can help them with. Most of them will still be in financial ruin in the next two years, because of their bad habits and lack of management skills. The Woodhouses needed this home to keep Kayla alive. Her conditions prevents her from doing a lot of things that kids do; and her brother is so sweet, giving up his outdoor time to keep his sister company. The love of God and the sacrifice of salvation is REAL to this family, in ways that most people don't ever have the chance to know. They GET it. Now, through the generosity of strangers, community, friends and family, they have a home that they cannot lose, and a new view of the awesome support system that God put in place for them.

Miracles don't have to be huge to be significant. This one was both. God provides for his children; He promises so over and over, and we still hesitate to believe, to call on Him. I am sitting here in awe of God. Go watch the episode, if you missed it, and join me here in the presence of the Almighty.

4 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

That is so awesome. I didn't make it to our local reveal but we did catch the Martinez family's reaction on the local news and saw the outside of their home. Very cool.

Jan Parrish said...

Yes, it was an awesome show and I love that a very deserving family won all that. :)

suezque said...

You've been tagged! :-) Check out my blog.

suezque said...

I totally understand not wanting to do the MEME thing- I get so many of them by e-mail, I've just started deleting them, because it seems like they are all alike! I don't mind if you don't do the MEME, and I'll remember for next time! :-)