FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Friday, May 2, 2008

Little Things From The Back Of The Brain

Inspired by Jan's Thursday Thirteen this week... I give you a little Friday Five.

Memorable Things My Mother Said To Me:

1. Don't look at me in that tone of voice!

2. Hide and watch.

3. Because I said so!

4. You may want horns, but you'll die butt-headed. (She got this from a friend.)

5. Jo... MICHELLE! (Brother's name was "Miche.... JON!")

5 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

ROTFL. #1 is too funny.

Chelf said...

Really, mom said that! DH said his mom said it once too. I thought it was just my mom not thinking much in her anger. I didn't know other people heard it too. I thought my mom was special.

I have been careful to not say, "I will NEVER..." because I am pretty sure that I WILL say or do crazy things when I someday become a parent.

Looney Mom™ said...

Ha ha. Hey Sister, I'm sorry. I was pretty harsh on the music thing. It's no real big thing. I just need to keep my mouth shut... er, fingers off the keyboard, when I'm PMS'ing! LOL!

The music didn't bug me, it just clashed with Unruly Child. Go figure that would be the name of the band I was listening to when I decided to be one!

But it means the world to me that you even cared to try to fix it. ROCK ON! Never mind me! Love ya girl!

Nicki Perry said...

psst... happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully you had nice weather there today like we did here.