Word of the Post
Today's word is: caprine
/cap"rine/ adjective
Being, pertaining to, or speaking of a goat. Related information: the Zodiac sign of Capricorn is named so for the stellar constellation that is said to resemble a horned goat. DH was born a Capricorn.
The little field stickers coated my socks, their caprine horns reaching through the cotton to pierce my skin.
~~~~~~~~~~
I have to put this edit in a new post. How crazy is that?
Ever since I put in that last thing... the Google Map made the last post go hokey, so I can't edit in there. I am so happy I was finished. Glad I didn't call anyone an ugly name!
MammaMia (if you didn't see the comments) clarified that her hubby, in fact, did NOT attend school at Oklahoma Christian. His friend did. I am sorry. Guess I just lumped it all together in my memory. It was a month ago, so I am losing the detail I so crave. But all the boys knew mutual people from O.C. So at least I had some of the detail right.
Graduation Season is upon us. (Does this mean we can shoot them?!?!) I know at least five High School Seniors, and I had hoped to give them all some denomination of money. Life is terribly expensive, no? Wedding Season also quickly approacheth. I am attending a Shower for one bride-to-be from church this Saturday. If I give a small gift or a card without money in it, I feel cheap. If I give more, well.... you multiply any given amount by 6 for this weekend alone, and you get the small fortune I wish I had. Truth be told, the bride and my graduating cousin will get the most bucks, because Brides need stuff and Cousins who send announcements deserve more than the kid I barely know at church. Sounds harsh here, and I am not trying to be. Two of the local grads are going to Europe in the next few weeks. Oh, the jealousy is threatening to show it's ugly green head.
This weekend, I shall be playing the Final Round of the Scrabble Tournament. My final game will determine 3rd place. I am in the Losers Bracket. There were four siblings in this Tournament, and the oldest and the youngest are also playing this weekend, to determine who is 1st from the Winners Bracket. I play early on Saturday morning. Good thing it is happening at a coffee shop!
There are sugar ants in my kitchen. I have a rather large cleaning plan ahead of me. I think there are still critters in my ceiling, too. Things that make funny noises in the dead of night at our house. I have trouble sleeping when the little scratching noises commence. It was better to have a child running across my ceiling in the apartment above me. At least that stopped sometimes. The mom of that kid used to threaten to get me to come up and yell. That always made me laugh. I figured that they were quiet enough, especially late at night. The kid was a child, and needed to run off some of her energy sometimes. I didn't mind so much. I am a night owl, and she was in bed when I was sitting up doing my thing. I was at work when she was running. Or I was downstairs, listening, and laughing at the fear the mom was trying to use to teach her baby girl manners. I never did tell the mom that she was doing a good job.
I am so far behind on reading for the 888 Challenge, I may never catch up. But, I am valiantly making an effort anyway. I have finished reading two more books this week, and have two small study books that are almost finished as well. Then, on to the Blog Friend Writers. I have a stack of books from writers that I have met on the Blogs. The hard part will be deciding which to start with. I also plan to re-read the Christoper Paolini books (Eragon and Eldest), since his third (Brisinger, according to rumor) is coming out this September. I think I shall probably re-read the Harry Potter books, too. They are entertaining, and I can read them pretty quickly. I am trying very hard to not use all children's books that can be read in five minutes. I could have a section for that, but it can't be the entire list.
For the 888 Challenge, I have my categories started:
1. Here There Be Dragons
2. Blog Girls Writing
3. Autographed Collection
4. Political Opinion and Satire
5. Books of THE BOOK (Bible books as well as study guides)
6. I Missed That (High School Reading I never got to)
7. Ooo, Hoo, Witchy Woman (Occult fantasy/sci-fi)
8. Miskolc, Mish-mash, Miscellaneous (Catch-all Category for Leftovers.)
So, does it sound as if I will be reading interesting things this year? I probably should put the Bible category first, but that isn't the order it popped into my head just now. I have a written guide list, and this may change as the year's reading progresses. Since I need to be held accountable for actually reading some, I thought I would put this out there, for you all to help me with. Hopefully, I can have a completed list in November or December. I actually hoped for a full list, not the shortened list with the 8 overlaps I am allowed. If I am going to do this, I should do it right. Keep me honest!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I will work on the Vacation Chronicles this weekend, and hopefully add a new segment before Tuesday.
2 comments:
Try mixing boric acid & powdered sugar, and leaving little piles where you find the ants at. G swears by it, and we don't have any ants around our house (outside included!)
Thanks for the updates, have enjoyed reliving our great evening! :-)
We had sugar ants. They were coming from a huge nest we found outside in our shed. Let's just say we called the exterminator and haven't had a problem since.
Post a Comment