This is the email I got from my friend about her dad late last night (I actually saw it today). I said I would update you, so I am just sharing most of the email.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Everyone,
Mom finally got to talk to the cardiologist this morning, as well as Pop's regular doctor. The cardiologist explained the details of the angiogram to them. He told them that he was going to send Pop's case to a cardiologist in Albuquerque for a second opinion. He did mention however that this doctor in Albuquerque was aggressive, meaning that he will probably say it's possible to do a bypass on Pop but without necessarily taking his health and such into account. In the meantime I believe it has been decided that they will give Pop's heart about 6 weeks to recuperate and then a decision will be made about surgery.
We were hoping that he would be able to go home tomorrow but the doctor ordered some sort of cardio-therapy to hopefully strengthen his heart some. Now, what this therapy involves we don't know yet. So if the doctor has his way, Pop will stay in the hospital another day or so. If Mom has HER way, he's coming home tomorrow night. {Edit from Chelf: This means Wednesday night} Should be interesting to see who wins this one. ;)
Again, Pop (for now anyway) is at San Juan Regional Medical Center in Farmington.
So that's the latest as far as I know. Pop looked good tonight, was in his usual good humor and said he felt OK. Please keep up the thoughts and prayers on his (and the family's) behalf! We're not out of the woods necessarily, but the news is a bit better today I think than yesterday.
Love,
Laura
~~~~~~~~~~
I have been busy the past few days, so I have accidentally (rather, purposefully) suspended the Vacation Chronicles. I hope to get back to it soon; the final installment is currently in the works. I believe that the joy of the journey is less important than the immediate, real needs of my friends. I am hopeful that many of you will agree, and join me in prayer.
3 comments:
Yes, this is more important. Praying "Pop" gets through this.
I'm praying. And thanks for your comments. I think you may be the only one reading my thoughts so far. But that's okay, cause they're my thoughts. Haha.
Chelf - I'm praying!
Post a Comment