FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Surrounding myself with warmth

Word of the Post
Today's word is: ablution
/ab*lu"tion/ noun
The act of cleansing all or part of the body, usually in a religious ritual washing; ritual of cleansing, as in morning pattern.
~~~~~~~~~~
I know that you don't want to hear me complain. But this is a diary, of sorts, so I have to share a bit. I am sick. I have a headache, fever, ear infection, and chest cold. I feel dizzy, sleepy and drowned. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. This is big for me, because I have not been to a doctor in something like five years. Not for colds, ear infections, or even personal annual visits. And I have been chastised thoroughly, so please don't yell at me. Besides, the headache makes me irritable with loud noises.

Suffice it to say that I do not like doctors. I hate needles. I don't like being pinched, poked, prodded, or measured. I get the "you need to lose weight" speech enough from other places, so I don't like hearing the medical reasons again. I know that, of course. I don't appreciate being a guinea pig. Please, doc, don't try the "newest wonder drug" on me. I need the old, cheap standby. 10 days worth of it, not 7, or I will end up with 14. My ear infections are just as stubborn as the rest of me.

So I am sitting here, playing on the computer, because it takes less energy than even reading a book. That is a good thing, because I don't have very much energy. I may be able to clean up and eat lunch before the appointment, but I am convinced that those will be my only active motions today.

Last night, my poor Dear Hubby had to try to sleep through my nose sounding like a creaking ship. I have seen a musician who stood up on his Bass and, with his weight and bow, made it creak like an old boat. Very cool. Mutiny on the Bounty, and Pirates of the Caribbean come to mind! I couldn't decide if it was better than snoring or not. I usually snore when I am sick, and that wakes me first, but still bothers DH. Toss and turn, all night, and DH has to work today. I feel bad. I may sleep on the couch for a night or two, until the medications kick in, and I can sleep and breathe at the same time.

1 comment:

KingJaymz said...

I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. I hope you feel better.

Sounds like you should visit the doctor more. Shouldn't we all. But, seriously, is it too much to suggest you should at least get your annual done yearly or biannually?