FOREWORDS

If dreams weren't meant to come true, or give you something to strive for, why would our thoughts conjure up such things?
~~ Lynn C. Conaway ~~
Those who win the wars write the History. Those who suffer write the Songs.
~~ Irish Proverb ~~
Half an Aunt's job is to harass the young. The other half is to corrupt them. I excel at both.
~~ Laura J. Speaker ~~

Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Yellow Rose Of Texas, Amarillo

Word of the Post
Today's word is: intransitive
/in*tran"si*tive/ adjective
Designating a verb that does not require or cannot take a direct object; an action which does not require an object to complete the sense; as, an intransitive verb, e.g., the bird flies, the dog runs.
~~~~~~~~~~
The ear infection is still here. I have a resistant head. My mother would call it "stubborn", but I prefer to think of it as "independent". My colds and infections have always taken 10 days of antibiotics. If they gave me just 7, they would end up giving me 7 more. And I hate to take pills, especially when it hurts to swallow or it is difficult to breathe. My head still feels like I have cotton in my ears. The doctor only gave me the antibiotic, not a decongestant. So, I have added DayQuil to the daily pill popping. I hope to be able to hear and to sing on Sunday.

We recently upgraded our computer. There are a few small adjustments to be made when upgrading, but we have done well with them. DH is good at his job, which at home means he is my tech support desk. I can usually hunt-and-peck for the things I need, and I am not afraid to push buttons to see where they go and what they do. For some applications, things have really changed, and I had to ask him what to look for. Then, my Hotmail upgraded me by surprise, and I had to find my missing email group. Which took a few minutes. Considering that I wanted to send them pictures, I had to find them. All is now well, I found them, and modified the group nickname to show up when I type what I need. I guess Hotmail warned me that this was coming, but I kept throwing away their stupid junk-looking emails. Guess they weren't all junk.

I have been doing laundry like the machine is going out of style. I have so much dirty laundry, and the piles grow everyday. Silly DH, he likes to wear clean clothes to work. Then there are towels, and bedsheets. This job never stops. Laundry, my nemesis, and Dishes, his closest cousin and sidekick. I fight the evil a little bit every day, and they still plague my home. All I can think of it is this: What will I do when I have kids? This will only get worse! I visit FlyLady.net at least once a week, just for a little emotional boost. I am not behind, I can jump in right where I am. Such a calm voice in the midst of my C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). I really like this site. It gives me hope that, someday, I can have a clean-looking home, enough to fool the unexpected guests. First, I have too much work to do, and I sit here feeling overwhelmed. It is in the darkest hours that FlyLady brings me rays of sunshine. I can do small bits, everyday, and they will add up to a clean home in the future. For now, though, I have a Mess of the tallest stacked caliber.

I have threatened in the past to rent a small bulldozer, and push all the junk out of my house, in order to start fresh. I figure I need to put all the stuff I want to keep in my bedroom, and lock the door. Then I need to open the place up to an estate sale, and let someone come get all the junk out of my house. Probably more clean that way, than pushing the stuff to the corner with a Bobcat. Think of the money I could make!

I am off now to prepare for our trip to Amarillo. Mom wants a salad dressing that she can't buy in New Mexico, so I have to buy a case of it for her. I need to call her, and get some chiles. Yum!

2 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

LOL! You sound like me. I was thinking before I got to the part when you asked it for yourself - what will you do when you have kids. I totally feel your pain. I feel bad when I have to tell the kids to go look for clean underwear in the dryer and if there's not any in there then it's their fault for not telling me they were on their last pair of underwear so I could wash another load of laundry because then I really HAD to. Oh geesh! My poor family!

KingJaymz said...

My apartment always looks messy, no matter how hard Jen and I try to keep it clean. We've given up. We just invite anyone we want and warn them that the place won't look great. If they really want to look down on me for my clutter, I don't think I want their "friendship."